Wednesday, August 21, 2019

30k Horus Heresy World Eaters "Thunder Hawk Transporter"


        Long ago, long ago I got me a bunch of FW THawk dudes. Never knew what I would do with them. My BAs, DAs, and IFs have THawks. I didn't want to replace the existing lead and could not choice who would get the upgrade. The World Eaters have all limited and custom minis. This is where they need to go.
         The World Eaters also have custom bases for everything. My Thawk should have one too. Out of the city terrain box are copies of the FW roads. Two of the flatter more square-ish section were pull. The bottom sanded for a thickness match. Then sanded for true square.
         Then they were mounted onto 3mm plastic card. All lips, holes, filled. Then sanded again.
         Next I tried to plan out where the unloaded vehicles would go plus troops securing the landing site. All epic dudes stand on a round circle. I needed to counter sink holes for their circles. A bit was matched up to circle size and over sized by 0.01. The red tape marks where I needed the drill press to stop.
         After the holes were punched. One bunker and the sand bag wall got the dremel treatment. Sand, grit, and crushed clay were added.

        The base was primed and initially washed in the normal method. Dudes and dead dudes selected to fill the holes. A printed destroyed Rhino added. Everyone went to the paint sticks. 
        I may return later and do something about that damaged Rhino.








No comments:

Post a Comment