Friday, November 30, 2018

NetEA Tau Vs Sisters

         Back from Japan and Honolulu. This week I am on phone support. It was planned as my inlaws flew in Wednesday. I request a comp day for it and that shelved my ability to travel for the week. Lucky me Kal also has nothing to do.

         I got me a Tau space ship. Just had to take it out for a spin. And why not planet fall a Mantra full of big nasty suits.
My list; (failed to get a shot of Kal's)

The plan; 
         Tellie the stealth suits right straight up the center into his face and drop the Mantra on a flank. Then the big suits jump out for melt party. This would be quick or a total tabling. With only 10 activations the big suits would easily get gang banged.

Objectives and Deployment;
         Objectives went down as predicted. Kal's Blitz in the center and his other two in a wide triangle near the 50yd line. My blitz snuggled the left flank and the other two off center to the left as close as I could to the Blitz. 
         One Pathfinder was garrisoned. I left the right flank and center empty, castling around the Blitz. Kal just about filled his deployment zone. Then plan "A" seemed doomed. I was grossly out activated with 6 activation off board. 

Where the meat hits the metal;
        The plan quickly changed. Everything would come in turn 2. Kal's army being a up close and personal, in your face, punchy sort. I prayed he would advance. Which meant the 4 units on the board were bait. I would give up my Blitz, Defend the flag, and TSNP points. (2 for Kal, minus 1 for me). Which meant I had to take his blitz, BTS and T&C. While deducting his TSNP. 

         Turn 1 the Tau were under performing and taking a smacking. The garrisoned Path Finders and the Riptides were beat up (down 3 dc)  and broken 1st turn. One PF and the Riptides rallied. R'vanra never shed the blast markers.
        Turn 2 the Spaceship blasted the BTS and broke it. The Mantra planet fell onto the empty right flank. The suits remained inside. One stealth suit went after T&C. The other the BTS. I lost my deployment zone with only 2 broken Riptides hiding by my blitz. The stealth suits were down 40% but bounced a couple of assaults. 
        Turn 3 I lost my blitz and DTF. Everyone back there at the start were slaughtered. I bearly smoked Kal's BTS. It took the last stealth, fighters, and mantra. I took Blitz and T&C with the Y'vahra and the Mantra. Everything else was died or broken.





I won't ever play the list again. It is a one trick pony with good dice. It plays itself. By design your trading victory conditions. Just as long as you smoke the BTS, the game is won.





No comments:

Post a Comment