The holidays are over and game night returns. The lads have taken to Force on Force. Tonight we are running scenario "bridge at Al Muff."
A Marine recon platoon must cross a bridge at Al Muwaffaquiya, and move through the town beyond it to set up a blocking position. This scenario is based on B Company, 1st Recon Battalion’s actions at Al Muwaffaquiya during the night of April 2/3, 2003. B Company actually put in 2 attacks that night, and this scenario uses the terrain and tactical situation of the 2nd attack, combined with the enemy forces of the 1st attack.
Table with hot spots
A: Regulars (1st platoon start point/2nd platoon entry point)
B: Regulars’ exit area.
1: Insurgents: 1x leader, 1x medium support weapon, 3x small arms
2. Insurgents: 1x medium support weapon, 3x small arms
3: Insurgents: 1x leader, 1x medium support weapon, 3x small arms
4. Insurgents: 1x medium support weapon, 3x small arms
5: Insurgents: 1x leader, 1x medium support weapon, 3x small arms
6. Insurgents: 1x medium support weapon, 3x small arms
7: Insurgents: 1x light support weapon, 2x small arms
REGULAR VICTORY CONDITIONS
* Each live (Non-KIA, -WIA) who exits the board between the 2 Points “B”: 1 pt.
* Each HUMVEE that exits the board between Points “B”: 5 pts.
INSURGENT VICTORY CONDITIONS
* Each regular that is KIA or WIA: 1 pt.
* Each regular that is captured: 5 pts.
* Each HUMVEE that is destroyed or immobilized: 10 pts.
We played it twice. Both time the USMC got hammered. The first run, shitty dice rolling and the marines were tabled. The second run through and it was down to Victory points but no marine left the table or even got close to point "B."